Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The hardest part of being a runner

It isn't the long miles a person has to put in to be in shape for race
It isn't that long run where you don't think you can run another mile but somehow you manage to run five more miles
It isn't the aches and pains
It isn't the search for the perfect shoe
It isn't the periodic losing toenails
it is coming down off an endorphin high! Especially after a nice hard run. I feel so good, I am so high I can barely sleep. Then a few days later I come crashing down so hard, I feel like crying all the time. I need to get a good run in but I am recovering, I can only run four to six miles.
If you haven't ever had an endorphin high, you do not know what you are missing. It is like floating and needing to laugh all the time.  The best part is I earned it by running my ass off!


No comments: