Sunday, March 04, 2012

Elijah turns 5!

He turned 5 on February 12th, and I have been so busy I am just getting to blogging it.
We started the day by having any breakfast he wanted. He picked french toast, sausage and eggs. He then opened on present from Sam and I and his present from his Grandpa BG.
In the afternoon we headed to his birthday party at Jump Around Utah. This is the coolest place to have a birthday party! Is is a cool bouncy castle place and we got it to ourselves for two hours. A lot of Elijah's friends came and we had a lot of family there to celebrate with us. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of the kids bouncing, we were too busy bouncing with them.  The above picture is him and his very cool Power Ranger cake. He really wanted to only eat candy ALL day on his birthday, my compromise was serving candy at his party. I am sure all kids were super excited to spend the day bouncing and eating candy and even more sure the parents were very grateful to me.
After the party we came home and he sorted through his many presents. He picked pizza for dinner. He slept very well that night!
On Monday we brought treats into his classroom to celebrate. He is so funny he asked us to bring popcorn and pop tarts in. His class sang Happy Birthday to him and loved the treats he picked.
He is old enough to appreciate the work we put into his birthday, he spent many days telling me how awesome I am!

1 comment:

lauren ♥ said...

i love this post! he is growing up so fast! <3