Monday, March 21, 2011

rambling



Things have been a little rough here. Isaac was sick for about seven days with a crazy stomach bug and now Elijah has it. My poor boys. It is hard, they both want to keep doing things but it is hard to leave the house when you never know when an emergency bathroom break will be needed. Plus they are both so grumpy when they are sick. Really I can not blame them.
I have still been able to get my workouts in. I ran another ten miles on Friday with lots of hills. I felt good and was able to get the jogger up all those hills. I have a theory that if I can get the jogger up big hills and run ten miles pushing it I might be able to pull off this 25k. I went for a 5 mile run with Lucas yesterday, he has a pretty fast pace and I was able to keep up with him. He decided after the run we should go rock climbing. Off to the Front climbing gym we went. I really suck at rock climbing! I do like it though. It is good for me to try new things. My arms are really sore today.
Good news, I woke up today without any Achilles tendon pain. Now that I have been walking around I can barely notice it. So maybe I am slowly starting to heal.
In the last month or so Isaac has really started talking. He has conversations now. He also says some not very cool things. Like when he is frustrated with me or Elijah he says "go away". He has really started to turn into a boy, losing his baby weight, being interested in bikes, not wanting hugs and to do things all on his own. He even picks out his own pajamas and gets upset when I try and help him get them on.
Four year old Elijah is awesome. I think he is more aware of other peoples feelings and he cares when he upsets someone. He actually wants me to play games with him! He is doing ice skating lessons on Tuesdays and soccer games on Saturdays. He is good at ice skating, he can already shuffle across the ice. We will see what happens with soccer. He is insisting he is going to be the goalie and he can use his hands. They don't use goalies at this level so we will see what happens.
Sam is still really busy. But things are getting closer to being done. He presents his research project on April 8th. He will have until the end of April to finish his clinical hours and he graduates on May 5th! He then has to pass boards, but he will do so good. He is so tired. He has been going seven days a week for three years. I am lucky to have a man that is smart, good looking, funny and not afraid to work his ass off to make his family's life better!

1 comment:

lauren ♥ said...

you are lucky to have a husband who works so hard for your family. mine is the same, but sometimes he gets frustrated with his career choice, so who knows where we will be in the future. i'm glad that elijah is so good now that he is four. it really is the best age <3