Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I am good at a lot of things, but labor is not one of them!!!
I started having good contractions on Friday. After about three hours they would stop and I would be exhausted but ready to continue my day. I did this all weekend and yes I started to get a little emotional. Yesterday morning at about three I woke up with intense contractions. I couldn't stay in bed so I paced front sidewalk for a while. At about six they calmed down enough that I could get some rest. By early afternoon the contractions were back and this time they weren't going away. I finally called my doctor and she had me go to the hospital to get checked. I know my body and I know how much I truly suck at early labor so I didn't think I was going to be dilated.
My mom met Sam, the boys and me at the hospital. They got me all hooked up to the monitors and yes I was having strong contractions that were about three to five minutes apart but I was only dilated to a one!!! I was dilated to a one two weeks ago! They let me labor for two hours and yes the contractions kept coming but no I did not dilate anymore. So they loaded me up on Morphine and Phenergan and sent me home.  As of this morning my contractions are back to being irregular.
This is just the way I labor, you know VERY slow. I did this for four days with Isaac before I had, had enough. Today is day five with this baby, but I feel like I have to stay strong. I am only 36 weeks but this coming Friday I will be 37 weeks.
Good thing this is our last baby I am not sure Sam could handle the stress of early labor again! Poor guy, he is so good to me and takes such good care of me. I can see the stress in his eyes.
So maybe the next time I blog I will have a baby or maybe I will be complaining about how much I suck at early labor again.

p.s I have no idea if I am good at active labor because I have never gotten there! Babies and this mama have a hard time being in labor for days at a time.

1 comment:

lauren ♥ said...

i had malcolm at exactly 38 weeks, and he was healthy and happy (a bit small, but totally okay), so i think if you can make it one more week then you are good to go! i can't wait to hear more about the captain! <3