Saturday, June 04, 2011

Running

I always run a lot but recently I have been running even more. Sometimes when I am out on my really long runs I wonder "why am I doing this?". I am literally running my ass off. Somedays my legs are so fatigued it is a workout to get up the stairs. I have the most ridiculous tan lines and my poor kids spend so much time in the jogger. The thing is I love to run. I love pushing myself harder than I thought I could go. I love the endorphin high. I love feeling strong and healthy. I love the side effects of running. I love when my mind lets go of all my stress, I stop thinking and my legs just move.
Humans were made to run. I believe a lot of us have the problems we do because we are not suppose to be solitary or sedentary. The biggest health problems in America heart disease, diabetes, and depression could be helped or even prevented by running.
In two weeks I am doing Ragnar again. This race is hard because of the lack of sleep. It is also so much fun. In July I am doing a two obstacle course 5k's. These are so much, nothing like running through the mud while running. Then at the end of July I am running my first marathon. I am a little nervous for this one, but I am going to take it one slow step at a time.
The happier I am the more I run and the more I run the happier I am.
Thank you Geno for introducing me to the fine art of running.

No comments: