Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ragnar 2011



Ragnar kicks my ass! 12 people run 190 miles from Logan to Park City. We barely sleep, a few lucky people shower and we each ran three times in 31 hours. Yesterday I told Sam I was never racing again, today I am thinking of my marathon and wondering who will be on my Ragnar team next year.
My leg was a lot more challenging this year. My first run was an easy 3.3 mile run outside of Ogden, my second run was a 10 mile run around Echo Reservoir at 2 a.m (this was an amazing run), and my last leg was an epic 3.1 mile run up Guardsmen Pass. I gained 1600 feet elevation on my last leg, I wasn't able to run it all but I got myself to the top with a smile on my face.
Sam ran with me this year. It was his first running race ever. He did so good. He even traded a leg with our friend so she could have an easier run, he ended up adding two miles to his last leg.

No comments: