Tuesday, May 03, 2011

I can not believe it is already May












April went very quickly! So many good things happened.
Sam passed his research defense.
I got pampered. I had a facial, a pedicure and a massage! I am a lucky woman.
Elijah, Isaac, my mom and I went to San Antonio to see my sister and her beautiful family. We had so much fun. I miss seeing my sister and I miss my kids hanging with her kids. My nephew Gabriel and Elijah were so awesome together. Elijah showed Gabriel how to get dirty and how to wrestle ninja style. Gabriel taught Elijah how to play video games and the art of being quiet! I am so glad my mom came with us, the boys were a lot of work in the airport and on the plane. Elijah mostly watched movies on the plane but Isaac was hard to contain. He would get bored and turn into the Incredible Hulk! San Antonio has a lot of history, it was cool to see the missions and even the Alamo was cool. It is too humid there for my taste though even though I ran super fast there.
It was still winter all April! We had two park day all month.
The boys and I went swimming at a really cool pool in Bountiful. I don't know if I can swim without another adult around again though. Elijah is pretty independent, he goes under the water and is trying very hard to swim. Isaac is crazy in the water. He has no fear! He goes head first down water slides, he jumps off the edge of the pool regardless of who is around or how deep the water is. Time for swim lessons.
Soccer is going really well for Elijah. Team sports are so good for him. His coach has to make him do push-ups to get him to focus on the game sometimes though!
I ran a half-marathon on Saturday. I woke up to a blizzard. The race went really well. There was a lot of hills, I am almost starting to like running uphill. I decided I need to challenge myself more. I am going to run a marathon in July. I picked this marathon because 2/3's of it is on trails.
May is going to be another busy month for us. I will work on keeping the blog updated.

No comments: