Sunday, August 02, 2009


href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjbC1Yg1mM4BgbnRPbbAOOM1GvEjxiHjtVD-aoeNhPmFPCjgLF0z_BW-POmYRltmCZudQC8D89Km0r5nGTf261pko7ylp35Tpf4VbkwIqGWgzUoc4V5pYgmwYkehYyxzUyOYHrR/s1600-h/IMG_3757.jpg">
Yesterday on our way to the park Elijah kept telling me "I gonna freak out at park". When we got there he did run wild but no freaking out. He did for the first time meet another little boy and play with him. He has always done the side by side play but I have never actually seen him interact and imagine with another boy! They chased eachother all over the park, they ran away from the animals, rode the other little boys scooter, and played with his one year old brother. It made me so proud, there was also a little part of me that was sad. I know that sounds weird but watching Elijah take these new steps means he is one more step away from me. I want him to be independent and happy but a little part will always be heart broken.
Elijah has also traded his Cars obsession for a Michael Jackson obsession. It is so funny. The one problem is it is easier to get Car clothes and toys than it is to get Michael Jackson anything. My mom got him a Michael Jackson shirt but they don't make Michael Jackson shirts for little boys, it is an adult small. It has kind of become his blanket or he likes me to wear it. Oh my funny boy. I love that personality.
This next week Sam has finals, we close on our house, Laura moves and hopefully we start the process of moving. Stress here we come!!!!

2 comments:

lauren ♥ said...

katie, what size shirt does he wear? we might be able to come up with something for him?! (my hubby owns a screenprinting shop, remember?)

jessi9380 said...

I so hear you on being sad about some of these milestones that kids pass. Little things, like when Sam had to hold my fingers to walk, but then didn't need me anymore, etc make me so happy for him, but so sad for myself.
I wish these baby and toddlers were longer...:-)