Monday, August 24, 2009

We have arrived










We have moved into our house. We spent one week cleaning (it needed it badly), painting, Sam put new flooring in the basement with the help of Zack and Lucas, we got sod in the backyard and installed central air. In six to eight weeks we are getting new windows, we didn't check the windows well enough before we made an offer or we would have realized some of the windows don't shut all the way and some of them are broken. We will get the tax credit for putting in the window so that helps with the money.
I am a little nostalgic for the old house. A lot our life together happened there. It was the first home Sam and I lived in together, we got engaged there, and we brought both of our boys home from the hospital there. I am loving being a homeowner. We got to pick our own paint colors and it is our home.
Elijah has been having a hard time with all the changes recently. He is acting out but I think he is starting to feel better. Isaac can now roll over but tends to only do it when he is mad that I put him down. Sam started school today, he won't have a day off until October! Lucas is our new roommate!
I am grateful for all the help we have had from our friends and family! We couldn't have done this without them. Zack, Lucas, Laura, Larry, Teresa, Gabrielle, Eric, Dani, Val ,Andrea, Jen and Jacqui thank you! I am really grateful for my parents they have done so much to help us. They have put a lot of time, money and energy into making our house nice. Thank you mom and dad.

4 comments:

Bucky n' Bama said...

Thanks for posting the great pics. The ones of the boys are priceless, especially the one of Sam sporting a mustache. I wish school hadn't started here the week you moved, because I would like to have been able to contribute my time, money and energy to your new home as well.
Can't wait to see it, and all of you.

Holt Fam said...

Congrats on the new place Katie! That is so great. You all look so well and your boys are so dang cute. So excited for you! -H

lauren ♥ said...

i love all of these photos! congrats again on the new house. how great that you have family and friends to help it all come together so wonderfully! i hope it hasn't been too stressful. <3

jessi9380 said...

Holy multi-tasker mama! I am totally impressed by the picture of the painting with the baby!