Thursday, January 06, 2011

Snowshoe Date






Beautiful Big Cottonwood Canyon

Yesterday my brother Lucas was nice enough to offer to babysit so Sam and I could go on a date. We decided to snowshoe to Lake Blanche. It was a perfect snowy winter day. The hike is hard in the summer and even harder in the winter with snowshoes. We were out there almost all alone, we did see a few backcountry skiers and even a few fat birds.
I traded in the hike for a running day and I needed it.
Sunday I ran eight miles,
Tuesday I did a tempo workout,
Wednesday I snowshoed
and tonight I am going to do the 550 rep workout. I feel pretty good, my hamstrings are tight from the hike but nothing a good stretch won't help.

2 comments:

lauren ♥ said...

you are a machine! i need some of your energy! <3

Unknown said...

Very pretty! You are tuff!