Friday, July 29, 2011

Marathon here I come!

In a few short hours I will be running my first marathon! I have been so nervous and worried that I would have an epic fail! Today I realized that all I have to do is finish. I am only racing myself. I picked a very hard race for my first marathon, for a moment I today I was having anxiety about this. I am not sure why I picked this race, I think I was having a bad-ass moment. Mile nine to fifteen has an average of 400 feet elevation gain per mile! I am planning on walking that part. Because of the elevation gain the race director told me to plan on taking at least five hours to finish!
Thank you Geno without your help I wouldn't have ever gotten this far.
Thank you Sam for understanding all the long hours I had to go running.
Thank you Elijah and Isaac for spending so many long miles in the jogger and only complaining sometimes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are AMAZING! You will do great tomorrow. Love you!

lauren ♥ said...

good luck katie! you are amazing and should be so proud of yourself! i hope tomorrow is awesome <3